I offer private childbirth and parenting education sessions tailored to your specific preferences. You can choose between 1, 2 or 3 sessions. Usually these sessions take place in your home, where you are comfortable and relaxed.
My goal is for you and your partner to feel prepared, confident and fully informed of all your options for labour, birth and postpartum. Knowledge is power, and there’s no better way to approach the birth of your baby than feeling capable and sure of yourself.
My classes include printed books for you to keep, interactive tools and worksheets. I use a dynamic teaching style that is designed to make all the information stick in your brain, while having fun doing it.
The sessions are fully customisable. Below is a sample of a 3 session package.
SESSION ONE – Introduction to Birth, and what to expect
- Your choices, preferences and rights
- Stages of labour
- When to go to the hospital or birth centre / contact the care provider
- Communicating with care providers
- Induction and medical interventions
- Pain relief options
- Coping mechanisms
- Immediately post birth: what to expect
SESSION TWO – Comfort, Relief and Positioning
- Comfort measures
- Relaxation techniques
- Mental preparation: facing your fears
- Positions to encourage baby to descend
- Positions to minimize discomfort
- Touch and massage
- Rebozo and birth ball work
SESSION THREE – Postpartum
- Preparing for postpartum (the fourth trimester)
- Bringing the baby home
- Soothing techniques
- Baby’s cues
- Healing your body postpartum
- Finding balance
One session (around 5-6 hours, including breaks): $250
Two sessions (around 3 hours each): $300
Three sessions (around 2-3 hours each): $450
If you would like to organise a group session (involving up to 4 couples), please get in touch to discuss discounted pricing.